- This event has passed.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY – Hurricane Readiness Management
February 21 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Our geographical location, geological makeup, and limited availability of resources require that organizations be even more prepared for the onset of these potentially devastating weather phenomenon. The ability to manage readiness, response, and recovery, is critical to the safeguarding of life, property, operations, and reputation. Timely resumption of business functions demonstrates to stakeholders an enterprise that is committed to business sustainability and continuity. Notwithstanding the advance warning associated with these severe climate disorders, many organizations do not plan for the negative impact that can quickly disable functionality and their ability to continue commerce. This workshop will provide real-world examples and solutions regarding this often times underestimated event.
- Overview of Business Continuity – Where does hurricane preparedness fit into your organization’s BC Program?
- Preparedness and Response Planning – Conducting a business impact analysis and developing a needs checklist.
- Testing and Exercising – Do your mitigation strategies meet your desired results and needs?
- Plan Implementation – Welcome to the real world: utilizing what works and what is available.
- Monitoring the Storm – Direction, speed, and size will determine plan activation.
- Crisis Communication – Developing adequate alerts and notification systems, who do we tell and when?
- Local and Regional Evacuation Coordination – How are we going to get out and where are we going to go?
- Recovery Planning – How do you resume critical operations and return to normalcy.
- Awareness Program – Plan familiarity and functionality will determine confidence and success.
More than just battening the hatches, readiness management will answer serious questions about operational procedures during these unusual times. This before, during, and after approach will provide information, understanding, and applications to assist you and your team in developing, implementing and maintaining resilient and robust readiness programs.
Who should attend?
Business Continuity Planners / Managers
Crisis Incident Planners / Managers
Emergency Planners / Managers
Human Resource Managers
IT / IS Managers
Property / Facilities Managers
For the last 15 years, Mr. Newry has presented on this topic both locally and internationally having lectured for the Bahamas Institute of Financial Services, and a featured presenter for the Bahamas Association of Compliance Officers, Bahamas Institute of Charted Accounts, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners Bahamas Chapter, Institute of Internal Auditors Bahamas Chapter, the Caribbean Regional Compliance Association and the Offshore Alert Annual Conference. Mr. Newry headed policies and procedures development and implementation for hospitals, major real estate developments, and major financial institutions in the Bahamas thus he brings vast experience and insight into the fields of organizational resilience, crisis management, and business continuity.
Gamal studied Law and Criminal Justice at the College of the Bahamas and Risk Crisis and Disaster Management at the University of Leicester. He is a member of The International Consortium for Organizational Resilience (ICOR), where he is the liaison for the ISO Technical Committee 292 on Security and Resilience, local Chapter Chairman for the American Society of Industrial Security, represents the International Foundation for Protection Officers and a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and Business Continuity Institute.
Includes all materials, worksheets, lunch, and certificate.